Job Title: Society Event Assistant
Reporting To: Events Team Leader/General Manager
Basis: Part time flexible hours, maternity cover to October 2024
Working Hours: 22.5 Salary: From £12 per hour
Location: Kent Showground/Biddenden/Possibly some remote working.
Biddenden Tractorfest is a fun day out for all the family. The event is entirely run by a committee of volunteers with the support of the Kent County Agricultural Society.
While tractors remain the central attraction, with over 200 in attendance, there are plenty of stalls, vehicles, demonstrations, children’s entertainment, animals and arena displays to entertain. The show also offers enticing food & drink and live music. The event itself takes place in the fields at Biddenden. This role will involve on average 7 – 10 hours a week until June where more hours will be required from June to August. Prior to these busy months you will be assisting the Kent County Agricultural Society team in admin duties for the Society Events.
– To be the prime organiser of Biddenden Tractorfest on behalf of the Kent County Agricultural Society with the support of the General Manager and Society Events Team leader.
– To work alongside the Chairman of Biddenden Tractorfest and volunteer committee
– To attend all committee meetings
– Work on showing scene to ensure invoicing bookings are up to date on trade/catering
– To work with the Chairman of Biddenden Tractorfest committee to confirm sponsors for the event
– To plan and implement all services
– Assist in any marketing required
– To update free event listings
– Management of info mailbox and all general enquiries for the event
– Work with committee in updating entry forms, show information and any other documents required for vehicle entries
– Work with committee to invite local caterers and manage all paperwork/H&S information as required
– Order and manage merchandise
– Liaison with local residents
– Book attractions for the event.
– To complete layouts with the help of an external provider
– To complete and manage the health and safety requirements of the event including risk assessments.
– To be the point of contact at the control the week of the event, event weekend and breakdown
– To help with any other areas as required.
Other General tasks
– To assist in any administration required for the other Society events. i.e organising trade stand packs, sending vehicle admission tickets, assisting Kent Event Centre hospitality team, working with showing scene systems, assisting at society events.
– Assist in office/reception over the Kent County Show weekend
– In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Team Leader or General Manager from time to time.
– Excellent administration skills
– Customer focused experience
– Proven experience within the events industry
– Proven communication skills
– Ability to work as part of a small team
– Relationship development
– Experience of using a CMS (Content Management System)
– Management of volunteers
– Use of databases
– Good use of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Office programmes
– Ability to work in a busy, pressured environment
– Ability to prioritise tasks
– Ability to work on own initiative.
– Strong attention to detail
– Previous experience dealing with the general public
– Minute taking
– Proof reading
– Knowledge of outdoor events
– Educated to A level or above or with relevant experience
– Knowledge of Vintage vehicles
– Able to work unsupervised and use own initiative
– Flexible and open to new ideas
– Good interpersonal skills
– Customer focussed
– Logical and well organised
– Attention to detail
– Keen to learn and develop
– Willing to take on additional responsibility
– Prepared to be accountable
To apply for this role, please submit an application via Indeed on the link below: