The Kent County Agricultural Society is looking for an Assistant Hospitality Coordinator to assist in the set up and smooth running of conferences and events held at the Kent Showground. This position would suit a recent graduate who has finished studies in the event and hospitality sector.
Job Title: Assistant Hospitality Coordinator
Reporting To: Hospitality Coordinator/ Events Team Leader
Basis: Full-Time Salary: £20,000
Working Hours: 35.7
Some evening and weekend work will be required
Location: Kent Showground, Detling, ME143JF
(Ability to reliably commute to this destination is essential)
– To liaise with the sales and events team on upcoming conferences and events, function sheets and plans will be given to you by the team
– To meet and greet customers/delegates and ensure they are looked after throughout the day
– To provide safety information, Wifi logins etc.
– To serve drinks and refreshments to delegates in a timely and professional manner
– To keep refreshment areas clean, tidy and replenished throughout the day
– Set up rooms/halls in advance of bookings to the requested configuration, assisted by the facilities team as needed
– To ensure meeting rooms are prepared and well presented
– Be on call for the client throughout the day
– Clean down after event/conference, including ensuring tables, chairs etc. are stored away correctly. This may be with the help of the facilities team. This also includes washing up, putting away crockery, litter picking and general cleaning duties
– Lay out and clear away any pre-booked food as required
– To order and prepare food as and when required
– To manage stock control, administration and deliveries
– When not engaged with customer service for events, conferences etc. work with the events team with other duties as requested
– Be the Hospitality Lead when clients are in, this will include delegation of hospitality staff and contractors on the day
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Events Team Leader and Deputy General Manager from time to time.
Application Deadline: 25/10/2021
Expected Start Date: 01/11/2021
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to Nikki Dorkings at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.